EATRIS on behalf of EU-AMRI (the Alliance of Medical Research Infrastructure) is looking for a Data Director (leadership role) to support EATRIS and the Alliance in long-term development and positioning in the translational and health data space.
The main responsibilities include:
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EATRIS:
- To engage with EATRIS Translational Research community to identify needs and positioning of EATRIS in the data space;
- To support in defining a medium term (3-5 years) data strategy for EATRIS and its platforms specifically, including how to link to or focus on precision medicine in relation to EU-AMRI;
- To identify tools, solutions and best-practices available in the research community, assemble a portfolio of services required for advancing Translational Research in EU according to need and long-term strategy in the European and Global context (e.g. Open Data access, EOSC…);
- To represent EATRIS’ interest and its community at large at high level policy meetings, EU positioning and large-scale initiatives data related (EOSC, eHealth Data Space, Research Data Alliance, ESFRI, stakeholder engagement for EU projects and others…)
- To identify opportunities for EATRIS and internal members (national and institutional levels);
- Contribute to on-going data-related EU-projects where EATRIS is a partner (EOSC-life, HealthyCloud and EOSC-Future) and future proposals under preparation.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR EU-AMRI:
- Together with BBMRI and ECRIN contribute to the coordination of data services for EU-AMRI.
- Through engaging with EU-AMRI’s users to develop a deeper understanding of the user community’s needs among the 3 RIs;
- To support in defining a medium term (3-5 years) data strategy for EU-AMRI, including whether/how to link to or focus on precision medicine and make best use of opportunities offered by machine learning and data science;
- Align strategy with other research infrastructures and initiatives in the health data sciences on a European level (ELIXIR, PHIRI, EuroBioimaging, others) and at a national level;
- To provide project management and steering committee representation in any service implementation or tool development project EU-AMRI is engaged;
- To represent EU-AMRI’s interest and the medical research community at large at high level policy meetings, EU positioning and large-scale initiatives data related (EOSC, Research Data Alliance, stakeholder engagement for EU projects and others).
- PhD or similar experience in biomedical/life sciences research
- 10-year proven experience with data-intense – computational work in that domain including with sensitive, clinical data at technical and policy level
- Good understanding of the EU-landscape of EU Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) and other on-going actions (EOSC, RDA, Digital Health Space)
- Experience from both the public and the private sector would be a plus
- Autonomous with experience in leadership position
- Open attitude, flexible and diplomatic skills
- Excellent command in English (written & oral)
The Data Director (28 – 40 hours per week depending on the candidate) will be dedicated part of the time to EATRIS, and part of the time to the Alliance, with an approximately 50/50 split in activities.
Primarily based at the Coordination & Support office of EATRIS ERIC, located on the campus of the VU University Medical Center in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. Remote work is an option.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Competitive remuneration package included.
Please send a copy of your CV and a letter of motivation before 30 April 2021 to:
Lisa Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org with subject ’Data Director’.
For further information please call +31 6 14 58 51 35.