Fortune 5 CVS Health has a dynamic opportunity for a Senior Analyst/Data Engineer to join our dedicated Pharmacy Services Finance team. You’ll join a team focused on building data pipelines to support new and existing products as well as optimizing existing processes and integrating new data sets. You will own the end-to-end delivery of highly scalable, high-performance data integration and transformation models. You will function as the solution architect for building the data pipelines to support the development/enablement of data democratization. You will collaborate with the BI team and stakeholders to decompose complex data/ETL problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage in requirements and solution concept development, requiring strong analytic and communication skills.
- Lead data curation efforts and ensure the quality and timeliness of datasets.
- Plan, document, develop, and QA data models, including but not limited to ETL technical specifications, design, code, test, implement, and support optimal data solutions.
- Write and modify complex SQL Queries to support new development or enhancements of existing data pipelines seamlessly.
- Monitor jobs and identifying bottlenecks in the data processing pipeline.
- Test and troubleshoot problems in workflow designs and processes to improve resolve issues relating to the storage, handling, and access of data.
- Create and maintain documentation for data mappings, data dictionaries, processes, and other solutions as per established standards for data governance.
- Assist project leaders in determining project timelines and objectives.
- Identify and promote opportunities for optimization and automation.
- 3 or more years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- 3 or more years of experience performing data modeling, building data processes and ETL pipelines in a data mart or data warehouse environment.
- 3 or more years of experience processing and modeling large, complex data sets for Analytical use cases with Database technologies such as Alteryx Desktop, SAP HANA Studio, Teradata or equivalent.
- 3 or more years of experience creating SQL queries
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure with a high degree of flexibility.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and influence others on the best solution.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and attitude to focus on team specific goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a commitment to engage and collaborate with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- Familiarity with BI and Visualization platforms such as Tableau.
- Adapts and is willing to learn new tasks, methods, and systems.
- Strong individual team contributor and collaborator.
- Should be well versed with Agile delivery methodology.
- Follows HIPAA, compliance, privacy, safety and confidentiality standards at all times.
- Working knowledge of data management systems, practices and standards.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.