Snapcommerce is a high-growth company that sits at the intersection of mobile commerce and fintech. Our flagship product, Snaptravel allows millions of users around the world to book their travel over messaging. We are currently in the scale-up phase of the company with plans to grow from ~150 employees to ~300+ employees as fast as possible while maintaining the competitive advantages and culture of being a startup.
With a high-performing team of world-class leaders, Snapcommerce thrives on tackling complex problems within AI, E-commerce, and Conversational Design to push the boundaries of the value we can add to our users’ lives!
At Snapcommerce, we pride ourselves on the performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team to prosper and excel. Our values are rooted in making data driven-decisions and risk-taking actions that add value to both the user and the company. Check out this article from our CEO, Hussein on Snapcommerce's Core Values to learn more!
About the Role
We are looking for a Data Engineer with 2+ years of experience to join our growing Engineering team! As a Data Engineer at Snapcommerce, you will be responsible for building highly reliable and scalable data platforms and pipelines You will have full control over ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all data, and will build pipelines, tools and predictive models to help drive insights and decisions in our Product and Growth teams! In this role you will have the opportunity to build scalable and highly available data pipelines using bleeding-edge tech and tools in one of Toronto’s fastest-growing Data teams, with a focus on thinking big and moving quickly.
- Help to evolve and scale our data platform, with an eye towards growth of our business and reliability of our data
- Help productionize machine learning models
- Work closely with the analytics and business intelligence teams, as well as other stakeholders from finance, sales, marketing, and product, to understand the data needs of the business and produce processes that enable a better product and support growth decision-making
- Generate architecture recommendations and the ability to implement them
- Improve, manage, and teach standards for code maintainability and performance in code submitted and reviewed
- Help evolve our CI/CD strategy for our ELT jobs and pipelines
- We use an SOA architecture powered by many micro-services, including the bot platform, the NLP model and the real-time pricing and recommendation engine
- Data pipeline tools including Fivetran, dbt, Airflow, Apache Spark, Snowflake, Looker
- We have a distributed ELT infrastructure hosted using Docker and AWS
Skills & Qualifications
- You have at least 2 years+ of software/data engineering experience, at least 1 of which has been in a Data Engineering role
- You learn quickly, regardless of the languages and technologies used
- You always strive to build the minimally viable product before over-engineering
- You have experience building scalable data pipelines and powerful reporting tools
- You love solving complex problems with logical, well-architected solutions
- You are well-versed in data modelling and have experience building distributed systems
- Clear communicator who can gather technical requirements and explain technical intricacies
- Predictive modelling and machine learning experience is a strong plus
Perks & Benefits
- We are a Remote-first company, we offer flexible working hours with complete work-from-home freedom and a guilt-free unlimited vacation policy
- Enjoy employee rewards, and travel discounts using SnapTravel
- Competitive salaries, equity options, full benefits from day one, wellness budgets, and paid development - we’ve got you covered!
- UberEats credits, meal budgets, special treats, and team lunches. When in the office, enjoy daily snack services and unlimited coffee, tea, and other drinks
- Supporting continued growth with Learning & Development, Diversity & Inclusion events, TED talk Tuesdays, and Lunch & Learn opportunities
- We welcome new additions with a generous EI top-up, parental leave, additional vacation, and a flexible return-to-work plan
- Game nights, Happy Hours, internal hackathons, team building games, workouts, and more
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.