About This Role
Are you ready to make a difference? Parallel is seeking a talented Full Stack Engineer to join our team! In this role, you’ll contribute to our Telehealth React code as well as build out data and event pipeline systems. As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll play a major role in making our care coordinators, providers and clients life a lot easier and deliver those services as efficiently as possible.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to:
- Make an impact
- Help transform an antiquated industry
- Work somewhere mission-driven
- Work somewhere flexible, supportive, and collaborative
- Work somewhere with unparalleled opportunities for growth
- Join a female-led and DEI-focused organization
- Work somewhere that is team-oriented and where people are equipped to succeed
- Join a fast-growing startup, backed by top VCs, on the ground floor
- We build all of our tools on top of Google Cloud Platform
- Python is used for our data extraction and our multi-tool
- React is our front end of choice. We use Tailwind to keep the UI looking sharp
What You’ll Do
- Design, test and code user and internal facing applications
- Attend and help lead engineering meetings
- Maintain a high level of quality in the code base. Assess, document and implement areas of improvement.
- Lead together with other engineers as well as other functional teams
- Support the system by responding to incidents, contributing to monitoring software, reviewing alerts and performance tuning.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the systems as they come up.
- Participate in refinement meetings and software development planning with cross functional teams.
- Ensure quality by writing automated tests and creating code coverage.
- Mentor engineers and use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
What You’ll Need
This position is perfect for someone with 3-5 years of experience working with startups as an Individual Contributor. Ideal candidates will also have healthcare and telehealth/RTC. In addition, you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of experience in building successful production-level software systems within a Healthcare or Startup (Seed, Series A, Series B).
- Experience with Python
- Able to cover NYC hours give or take 1 time zone
- Able to work remote if needed
- High energy, self-direction, stamina, and possessing a strong work ethic
- Ability to build small, tolerate tech debt and move fast.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bonus points if you know Google Cloud Platform and have worked with big data, event streaming, lambda architectures. Also if you’ve worked with WebRTC!
👋 About Us
Parallel is the first tech-forward provider of care for learning and thinking differences across the United States. We believe learning differences are parallel ways of thinking that should be celebrated! Our mission is to provide students with the resources and encouragement to succeed in the classroom and beyond. To us, this means helping them build confidence in their unique strengths and create strategies to work around their challenges.
Parallel simplifies the process of getting support for learning differences by consolidating providers and resources on a single platform. We connect students with qualified professionals while significantly reducing waiting times, costs, and confusion. We provide a variety of services, including:
- Comprehensive Psychological Evaluations
- Executive Function Coaching
- Skill-Based Tutoring
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Behavioral Therapy & Counseling