At Streamline Genomics, we’re building the software infrastructure for the future of medical genomics. We directly serve medical oncologists by providing them the tools to effectively extract the insight they need from huge amounts of genomic data. Our common goal is for every cancer patient to receive the best possible treatment tailored to their genetics. And we want you to be part of our story.
You will be joining an interdisciplinary team of engineers, geneticists, and data scientists whose mission is to remove the technological barriers to adoption of medical genomics. It’s still the early days for us and there are plenty of high-impact, challenging problems to solve.
We’re a remote-first company with a timezone preference for North America. With that in mind, we welcome applications from around the world.
All positions include benefits, participation in the company’s equity incentive plan and total compensation package competitive for an early-stage startup.
- Design, develop, and own key user-facing product features, from start to finish.
- Advocate for and lead improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Anticipate and plan for growth by proactively identifying architectural weaknesses.
- Make impactful decisions about data integrity, information security, product direction and quality.
- Uphold and improve our engineering standards, tooling and processes.
You may be a good fit if you:
- have 4+ yrs of relevant engineering experience.
- thrive in an interdisciplinary environment, working with stakeholders across different areas of expertise.
- have experience planning and executing large projects involving multiple systems, technologies, and teams.
- have a passion for understanding the users’ problems and solving them.
- have a solid grasp of at least one web framework and ORM in any language (e.g. Django, Ruby on Rails).
- can make informed, pragmatic decisions about different concurrency models (multithreading, asynchronous programming, etc.)
- have experience designing, profiling, and optimizing relational databases in PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- know your way around a Unix shell.
- have a proactive attitude. When something is broken, you can’t help but fix it.
- have a metrics-driven approach and can make informed decisions using data.
- have a learning mindset, regardless of level or experience.
- are an excellent communicator. We are a distributed team; clear written and oral communication is a must.
- are self-driven. Our business is growing and changing rapidly. We are looking for engineers who love taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
You might work on:
- our genomics search engine.
- our reporting dashboard where clinicians collaborate on interpreting the results of genomic analyses.
- our notification system serving distributed teams of medical experts.
- our access control system that enables collaboration among medical experts while protecting the integrity and security of personal health information.
- our precision oncology knowledge base, a tool for medical experts to form organic networks of trust, learning and collaboration.
- the mutation annotation, filtering and ranking system that powers the core value proposition of our product.
Areas for growth:
- Leadership: for those interested in engineering leadership we offer the option of becoming a team lead.
- Architecture: we encourage our engineers to build expertise in systems they work with and thoughtfully guide their evolution.
- Learning: our success depends on our ability to be continuously learning. We encourage and enable our engineers to grow their skills through books, courses, and conferences.
- Open source: we love and heavily rely on open source! We provide opportunities for publishing and presenting internal software tools that could benefit the broader community.