The Data Science and AI Research group in AT&T's Chief Data Office is looking for a passionate and talented data scientist to fill a Senior-Inventive Scientist role. We are looking for unique and exceptional individuals who will have a passion to drive new and innovative concepts into our business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use expert proficiency and experience in statistics and machine learning methodology to apply to real world business problems.
- Creatively develop and prototype new innovative data science methods - and disseminate them through patent submissions, white papers, and internal and external presentations.
- Utilize strong software skills to write efficient code to prototype machine learning algorithms applied to complex structured and unstructured data sets.
- Use knowledge and experience with large-scale data sets, utilizing tools and platforms used to manage large-scale data analytics and processing.
- Progressively combine data science skills and knowledge with industry/business knowledge to derive and deliver innovative solutions to business clients.
- Build predictive models using data, designing appropriate training and test data sets, and appropriately quantify model performance. Test the model in the real world and quantify business value.
- Effectively prepare analytic results using strong communication and presentation skills to convey relevant insights to high level executive or non-technical audiences. Be adept at translating the meaning and significance of the insights.
- Be active in the data science community internally and externally - sharing knowledge and expertise and bringing in new ideas to create innovative solutions.
- Use knowledge of cloud technologies to support transformational efforts to move legacy applications to public cloud platforms.
- Provide leadership, guidance and skill mentoring to junior colleagues.