A pioneer and industry leader in healthcare quality and cost information, Healthcare Bluebook has joined forces with established data partner, Quantros, Inc. through the acquisition of its quality division to create an unprecedented dataset, and the only one of its kind in the market. Combining Quantros’ deep expertise in provider quality data and analytics with Bluebook’s data—and cost and quality digital navigation—raises the bar in the healthcare transparency space and establishes the solution as best-in-class for both employers and providers.
Your Job Will Be:
Healthcare Bluebook is looking for a Senior SQL Developer who is eager to help us standardize, scale, optimize, and automate the processing of billions of rows of data used to power our transparency solution. You will collaborate with multiple analytics teams and learn how we've structured our data today and what it needs to look like in the future. Your expertise in SQL and other data processing tools will be critical in helping us decide the most efficient approach in allowing our analysts to maximize execution speed for production workflows and ad-hoc requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become an expert in standardizing and scaling our SQL data warehouse used by our data analysts, date engineers, and data scientists.
- Identify manual and inefficient data workflows within analytics; determine which ones could benefit from being implemented into our data warehouse.
- Use additional tools such as PowerShell, Windows Task Scheduler, SQL Server Agent, and Redgate to automate our SQL data pipelines.
- Review SQL code from other analysts on the team and provide performance optimization feedback.
- Monitor our numerous ETL jobs and data syncs; troubleshoot when something breaks.
- Document our production SQL workflows and educate other analysts and developers on those processes.
- Work independently and take initiative.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of analysis tools and processes.
Work Experience and Background:
- Education (bachelor’s degree or greater) or work experience in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance, or economics.
- Data analysis experience.
- 3 - 5 years of experience of advanced SQL development.
- 2 years’ experience building SSIS packages.
- Experience with developing and optimizing stored procedures to automate data workflows.
- General understanding of how data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.) connect to and interact with a data warehouse.
- Experience working with healthcare data (claims, eligibility, provider, etc.)
- Automated data testing development not required but is a plus.
- Any work experience in PL/SQL would be nice to have but is not required.
- Have a fanatical attention to detail.
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation.
- Naturally curious and passionate.
Healthcare Bluebook Core Values:
As a member of the Bluebook team, it is expected that you will live and breathe our Core Values each day in everything they do – striving to help us achieve our purpose of “Protecting Patients by exposing the truth and empowering choice.”
- Substance – Create Value over splash.
- Humility – Serve with Gratitude.
- Accountability – Own it no matter what.
- Resourcefulness – Always agile with change.
- Integrity – Honor the truth.