At RStudio PBC, we aim to create delightful software for data science, scientific research, and technical communication. Our core offering is an open-source data science toolchain, and we aim to make it available to everyone, regardless of their economic means. Our customers are leading-edge innovators in analytics, machine learning, big data, and similar domains and generally work in R and Python.
RStudio’s Solutions Engineers (SEs) help our customers understand and realize the benefits of RStudio’s pro products and the R and Python workflows they enable. SEs are experts in RStudio’s professional products who spend their time helping customers deploy and use our professional products and driving documentation and product changes.
As the RStudio Pro Products approach parity in functionality between R and Python, we are looking to add a new teammate with a strong background in the Python data science ecosystem.
As an SE, you would...
- Work closely with our sales and support teams to understand customer needs and ensure they successfully deploy and use our pro products on calls and support tickets.
- Create documentation, demos, and marketing materials, and influence product direction based on your day-to-day customer interactions.
- Have a voice in the open source data science community by attending trade shows (approx 2-4 times per year) and giving public and private presentations, trainings, webinars, and workshops.
- Learn constantly. The team covers an enormous scope, and nobody can understand it all. We deeply value teammates who are both humble and hungry.
- Help us develop the Python story at RStudio. We are looking for someone who is excited to share their understanding of Python-based data science with the team and the company.
Because our team addresses such a wide scope, no current or prospective SE can cover everything we do. You should let us know about any experience or expertise in…
- Python data science process and administration. We are keen to know about any experience you have with production-izing and deploying data science assets in Python.
- Managing and using Python dependency management tools (e.g. conda, virtualenv), development environments (e.g. Jupyter Notebooks, VS Code, PyCharm), and interactive frameworks (e.g. dash, streamlit, bokeh, flask).
- Enterprise infrastructure in Linux including system administration, authentication, networking, and virtualization.
- Explaining complex problems with patience and empathy live and in writing.
- Working across your organization to solve challenging problems. We work extensively with other teams at RStudio, and developing informal relationships across the organization is part of the role.
- RStudio is a Public Benefit Corporation (PBC) and a Certified B Corporation®, which means that our open-source mission is codified into our charter, and that our corporate decisions balance the interests of the community, customers, employees, and shareholders.
- We welcome all talented colleagues and are committed to a culture that represents diversity in all its forms.
- We prioritize giving ourselves “focus time” to get deep work done. We minimize meetings and aim to operate asynchronously.
- We are a learning organization and take mentorship and career growth seriously. We hope to learn from you, and we anticipate that you will also deepen your skills, influence, and leadership as a result of working at RStudio.
- We operate under a unique sustainable business model: over 50% of our engineering group is dedicated to creating free and open source software. We are profitable and we plan to be around decades from now.
- 100% distributed team (or come in to one of our offices in Seattle or Boston) with minimal travel
- Competitive compensation with great benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance (100% of premiums covered)
- 401k matching
- A profit-sharing program when the company does well
- A home office allowance or reimbursement for a coworking space
- Flexible environment with a generous vacation policy
RStudio is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.